Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2022

Review: A Spindle Splintered

A Spindle Splintered A Spindle Splintered by Alix E. Harrow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Spindle Splintered is the first book in the Fractured Fables series by Alix E. Harrow.  I don't know what the second book is about, so why not just start here?  It's a fairly short book and a fast read.  It will be worth your time.  It is also perfect for teen and adult readers.  

Most people know the story of Sleeping Beauty in some form or another.  This is not that story.  At the same time, this is not not that story.  If you believe in the multiverse, there are an infinite number of Sleeping Beauties living out an infinite number of variations on the tale.  I LOVED this take on the story.  It reminds me of Robin McKinley, one of my favorite YA authors.  Is a curse always a curse, or can it be a blessing?  Who says the "prince" has to be a guy?  Or, are those the variations we are told to keep us in line?  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment