Search This Blog

Sunday, November 12, 2023

Review: Demon

Demon Demon by Matt Wesolowski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Demon is the sixth book in the Six Stories series by Matt Wesolowski.  If you haven't read the other books, you could start here.  But, there is a twist at the end that pays off a bit more if you have read the other books.  This series is one of my very favorites, and I hope this isn't the last in it although it could be.  For those not familiar with these books, Six Stories is a (fictional) true crime podcast that tells the story of the crime in six episodes with each episode an interview with a different person related to the crime.  The crimes often have a spooky, supernaturally feel to them.  The podcast host is a bit of a mystery himself.  

Demon brings up a lot of questions and fodder for thought.  Are some people born monsters or are they made?  Can someone who commits a terrible crime be rehabilitated?  Should people be given a second chance?  Do we ever know the full story?  I appreciated the warnings about violence against children and animals.  I was able to skip a paragraph because of it that probably would have haunted me.  

In summary, READ THESE BOOKS!

Bonus points for Jip!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment