Search This Blog

Sunday, November 19, 2023

Review: The Mystery Writer

The Mystery Writer The Mystery Writer by Sulari Gentill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full Disclosure: I received an Advanced Reader's Copy of The Mystery Writer by Sulari Gentill from Poisoned Pen Press via NetGalley.

I was excited to get an advanced copy of The Mystery Writer by Sulari Gentill.  I really enjoyed The Woman in the Library, and this had the promise of more of that.  It certainly met my expectations.  Murder, mystery, a shadowy corporation, and conspiracy theories, oh my!  I could read a whole book just about the QAnon-type group.  In fact, I felt like there was enough there for a sequel or at least, another book in this universe.  While this is fiction, it is not hard to believe in a near future where agencies control every aspect of their clients lives in exchange for fame and fortune.  Even now, we can't be sure celebrity social media posts aren't crafted by publicists.  At least not the ones that are carefully done.  I could say more, but I don't want to give anything big away.  Check this out if you like reading about writers, like a mystery, and/or enjoy a good conspiracy theory!

Bonus points for Horse.  Love a good boy, and Horse is one of the best!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment