Search This Blog

Sunday, November 26, 2023

Review: Exhalation

Exhalation Exhalation by Ted Chiang
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Exhalation is a collection of short stories by Ted Chiang.  I had read and enjoyed the story, The Great Silence, before which is what led me to pick up this book.  These stories are very accessible to people who aren't big into science fiction.  I happened to be reading it at the same time I was watching the new season of Black Mirror.  It was a great pairing!  Definitely had me in a whole mood about the future.  Plenty of fodder here for thought exercises and moral ponderings.  As an animal lover with animist tendencies, I was really intrigued by the story of a community of people with digital pets.  How far in the future before we start having the same debates about A.I as we do about animal cognition and emotion?  You could be asking yourself these same types of questions if you read this book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment