Search This Blog

Sunday, August 4, 2024

Review: Fire and Bones

Fire and Bones Fire and Bones by Kathy Reichs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full Disclosure: I received an Advanced Reader's Copy of Fire and Bones by Kathy Reichs from Scribner via NetGalley.

Fire and Bones is the 23rd novel in the Temperance Brennan series by Kathy Reichs.  If you watched the TV show, Bones, it was inspired by this series.  You could pick up this book and start reading the series here without having read the previous books.  This could also be read as a standalone if you are not sure you want to invest in a series of 20+ books.  

I think what most intrigued me about this one is that it is set in Foggy Bottom in Washington, DC.  Having just started my retirement journey from the US Department of State, Foggy Bottom holds a special place in my heart.  I don't know if the Foggy Bottom gang was a real historical thing or not.  Doesn't really matter to me.  It was a good excuse to get into the history of the area.  There are a couple of different "mysteries" happening in here.  I won't spoil any of them, but you won't be lacking for puzzles to solve if you like that kind of thing.  The only thing I couldn't stop wanting throughout this book was a crossover cameo from Kay Scarpetta.  Maybe in the future???  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  

Bonus points for Chuck.  That chinchilla is going places!  However, I am not ready for Birdie to take a backseat just yet.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment