Search This Blog

Sunday, August 25, 2024

Review: Red Side Story

Red Side Story Red Side Story by Jasper Fforde
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have been waiting a very long time to read Red Side Story, the second book in the Shades of Grey series, by Jasper Fforde.  I haven't read a book by Fforde that I didn't like.  For some reason, this series about colors always reminds me of the public gardens in Vienna, Austria.  What if I couldn't see them in color at all?  Or only in shades of one color?  Red Side Story plays on Romeo and Juliet and West Side Story with people divided by a color hierarchy.  Purple at the top. Grey at the bottom. This time though the star-crossed lovers are way smarter and fighting for a better world.  Well, one of them is way smarter and the other just might be really lucky.  While it is fun to read, it also makes you think about our world and how class affects us.  Pro tip: Save your spoons. They may be valuable one day.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment