Search This Blog

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Review: The Great American Cheese War

The Great American Cheese War The Great American Cheese War by Paul Flower
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received an advance copy of this from the publisher via Net Galley.

I asked for this book because of the title and the premise. I love cheese. Wisconsin initiates war against Michigan? It reminded me of the idea behind Canadian Bacon, and I love that movie too. When I started reading, I was a bit worried. I wasn't sure if it was meant to be satire, and the first character introduced was not someone I thought I would want to spend a whole book with. Fortunately, there were many other characters, some more likable than others. Then, it became clear this was satire. Whew!

The author did capture the things I love (and hate) about the Midwest. He transported me right back home. My only complaint is it made me miss Wisconsin cheese.

#TheGreatAmericanCheeseWar #NetGalley

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment