Search This Blog

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Review: Shadow of Night

Shadow of Night Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the second book in the All Souls Trilogy. You really need to read the first book to understand this one. While I heard a lot of the hype around these books, I didn't read much about them before starting. They are really long which was a bigger undertaking than I anticipated. Having now finished the second one, I am invested for the third. It helped that this book added some new facets that kept my interest.

I really liked the setting of this book. I don't want to give too much away. I don't always love world building but in this case, I loved the details especially when viewed from the point of view of someone who was also just discovering them. There was one very surprising villain. And while there were some historical characters, they felt natural to the story.

I still had some issues with the relationship between the two main characters. It still feels rushed and unbelievable. They seem to have the same argument over and over. I realize the relationship is central to the plot. It's just not my cup of tea.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment