Search This Blog

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Review: The Likeness

The Likeness The Likeness by Tana French
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the second book in the Dublin Murder Squad series. While you could probably start here, there are references to the first book that would help you understand the main character better if you've read it first.

I found it interesting that the second book is focused on a different character from the first book in the series. I really enjoyed this new perspective although it didn't get me any closer to answering the questions I had after the first book.

I was fascinated by the process of taking on an undercover personality. And even though this wasn't as dangerous as infiltrating a gang or drug empire, there was still some healthy tension. I did find that like with the first book, I hit a point where I felt it was maybe drawn out a bit too long, and I just wanted to get to the end. That could be more a comment on me than the book.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jeannete. Apologies, I couldn't see how else to contact you - would like to let you know about my new book 'Anthracite'. Mail me at mt at es3dstudios.com Cheers, Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I still have it on my TBR. I'll send you a message.

      Delete