Search This Blog

Sunday, June 30, 2019

Review: The Beekeeper's Apprentice

The Beekeeper's Apprentice The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first book in the series. I think I was too excited to read it. I had just visited the Conan Doyle collection at the Toronto Library. I was ready for some Sherlock Holmes. And it started out great! Strong, smart female main character. Bees! I love bees and beekeepers. I love that Laurie King keeps that as a theme throughout the series.

The book fit well into the Holmes collection. Not everything I've read by other authors feels authentic, but this did. My only complaint and why I originally gave it three starts is that the mysteries didn't grip me as much as the original Holmes. Upon further consideration, I am giving it one more stars for the bees, and I may revisit the series later to see if my mind changes. I would recommend this to young women interested in Sherlock Holmes. I think this a great introduction and incorporates women much better than Conan Doyle did.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment