Search This Blog

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Review: The Beginner’s Guide to Raising Goats: How to Keep a Happy Herd

The Beginner’s Guide to Raising Goats: How to Keep a Happy Herd The Beginner’s Guide to Raising Goats: How to Keep a Happy Herd by Amber Bradshaw
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full disclosure:  I received an advance copy of The Beginner's Guide to Raising Goats: How to Keep a Happy Herd by Amber Bradshaw from Callisto Media via NetGalley in exchange for possibly writing a review.

My sister expressed an interest in goats, so when I saw this book, I thought I would read it and give her an idea of what she would be in for if she one day acquired some.  I would never recommend a person take on caretaking any animals after reading just one book.  However, if you are thinking about taking on goats, this book will give you a very good idea of what to expect.  I liked that this book is not super technical.  It truly is for beginners.  She provides lots of practical information, including an idea of how much things cost and step-by-step instructions on how to do things like build a goat manger.  It is a tremendous resource for a new goat parent.  

Bonus points for the cute goat photos.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment