Search This Blog

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Review: The Future of Us

The Future of Us The Future of Us by Jay Asher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I devoured The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler.  Even though I was just finishing college in 1996, I could still relate to Josh and Emma and their high school drama.  I remember getting that AOL CD in the mail, and my parents not letting me install it because it was "just a fad."  Maybe it was a good thing they did because it is the very thing that triggers a whole mess of trouble for Emma and Josh.  

What would you do if suddenly you knew what your life would be like in 15 years?  Emma and Josh take radically different approaches.  I feel like I would side with Josh's more conservative approach and try not to make too many ripple effects.  Then again, if my life were the pits, would I feel the same way?  Add into that all the angst and pressure of high school and high school romance...ACK!  I could feel the hormones of my past.  Like Emma wanting to hit refresh every second, I couldn't wait to see what happened next.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment