Search This Blog

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Review: The Complete Bee Handbook: History, Recipes, Beekeeping Basics, and More

The Complete Bee Handbook: History, Recipes, Beekeeping Basics, and More The Complete Bee Handbook: History, Recipes, Beekeeping Basics, and More by Dr Dewey M Caron
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full disclosure:  I received an advance copy of The Complete Bee Handbook: History, Recipes, Beekeeping Basics, and More by Dr. Dewey M. Caron from Callisto Media via Net Galley in exchange for possibly writing a review.

You don't have to be a beekeeper or prospective beekeeper (I'm not) to enjoy this book.  I love bees.  If you don't already, you can learn to love them too.  Without them, we couldn't survive.  So I look for every opportunity to educate myself on how to help bees survive for their sake and ours.  This was a really great resource for doing just that.  I not only learned a lot just about bees in general but also many easy ways that I can help bees without having hives.  If you are crafty, there were even recipes for how to use bee products to make things like candles.  I liked that everything was very clearly written and explained so even a bee novice could understand.  If you want to learn more about bees and/or how you can help them, this is an excellent starting point.  

For the vegetarians and vegans who wrestle with the ethics of honey and beekeeping, I think you will find this book makes a case for why we should support local beekeepers.  Without their help, bees would be even worse off than they already are.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment