Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2021

Review: CIA 101: A Crash Course in Agency Case Officers

CIA 101: A Crash Course in Agency Case Officers CIA 101: A Crash Course in Agency Case Officers by Professor Millick
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Full Disclosure:  I received a copy of CIA 101: A Crash Course in Agency Case Officers by Professor Millick from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for possibly writing a review.

As a Foreign Service Officer with the U.S. Department of State, it is pretty common for people to think I am involved in the world's second oldest profession.  I'm not which is usually met with the response, "Of course you would say that if you were."  So I just have to accept that people think I'm a spy.  With that in mind, I thought reading this would be a fun exercise in learning all the things that I supposedly already know how to do.  What I did learn, there are some real similarities between State and the Central Intelligence Agency and between diplomats and case officers.  I can see why people might confuse us.  

I appreciate that the author didn't try to sugarcoat his experience.  Every government agency has things it can improve at.  There is definitely humor and some very interesting material.   If you are intrigued by the Agency, you might want to start here. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment