Search This Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2021

Review: Neverworld Wake

Neverworld Wake Neverworld Wake by Marisha Pessl
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have enjoyed Marisha Pessl's other books, so I was very much looking forward to Neverworld Wake.  Just as I expected, I loved this one too!  I'm not going to tell you too much about it.  A group of friends.  A mystery.  A challenge.  I described it to a friend as "like The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle....except less murdery...and less urgent."  I might even say it reminds me a bit of the Wizard of Oz.  If that makes any sense to you and you find it appealing, read this book!  But also read it if you like books that feel sort of haunting and gothic or books that are just plain good.  

Bonus points for all of The Cure references because they are the perfect band for this book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment