Search This Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2021

Review: Nevertheless, She Persisted: Flash Fiction Project

Nevertheless, She Persisted: Flash Fiction Project Nevertheless, She Persisted: Flash Fiction Project by Diana M. Pho
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Nevertheless, She Persisted is a collection of flash fiction pieces by various amazing authors centered around the same prompt.  Can you guess what the prompt is?  In case you are stumped, it is: She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.  This is a great way to sample authors new to you or get a brief hit of your faves in between books.  I read the whole book in one sitting.  

I love Seanan McGuire, Charlie Jane Anders, Catherynne M. Valente, Maria Dahvana Headley, and Brooke Bolander already so reading this was a no-brainer.  Margot and Rosalind was a clear favorite.  Charlie Jane can do no wrong by me, and I can never get enough, so I appreciate every single opportunity to read her work.  It reminded me so much of why I started reading Charlie Jane in the first place.  Then, Astronaut by Maria Dahvana Headley blew me away!  While fiction, it is based on a real historical figure who deserved to have her story told.  You know a story is good when you need to find out everything you can about the subject.     

Thanks to Tor.com for putting this together!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment