Search This Blog

Sunday, December 5, 2021

Review: Five Flights Up: and Other New York Apartment Stories

Five Flights Up: and Other New York Apartment Stories Five Flights Up: and Other New York Apartment Stories by Toni Schlesinger
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Five Flights Up: and Other New York Apartment Stories by Toni Schlesinger means so much more to me now that I'm one of those people that would end up in this book.  I am just thankful that I don't have to climb five flights to get to my apartment every day!  If you've ever lived in New York City, are moving to NYC, or have ever wondered about living in NYC, this is a great introduction to the housing situation here.  Trying to find housing in NYC is an unique experience and unlike anywhere else I've been in the world.

The book is actually a collection of articles she published about NYC housing.  Each section tells you where the place is, how much it costs, how big it is, and who the occupants are before giving you the highlights of an interview with the occupant(s) and then including a photo.   It was fun to read about the type of people that end up in NYC and the type of homes they are drawn to.  I feel like I finally understand co-ops now.  Thanks, Toni!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment