Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2022

Review: The Fran Lebowitz Reader

The Fran Lebowitz Reader The Fran Lebowitz Reader by Fran Lebowitz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I purchased a copy of The Fran Lebowitz Reader when I saw her in-person being interviewed by Martin Scorsese.  She signed my copy which makes it extra special, but I listened to the audiobook because the print in the book is so small.  The Reader is a collection of articles/essays that Fran wrote in her 20s and 30s.  The Reader was compiled in her 40s.  She's now in her 70s.  Some of the language and humor may be a bit dated, but I feel like Fran wouldn't care if you were offended.  She is unapologetic about her opinions.  Since she isn't on social media and not really creating new material, she can't really be cancelled anyway.  While I don't always agree with her (example: animals.  Fran and I do not agree at all on animals), I find as I get older I am probably more like her than not when it comes to my opinion of people.  If you enjoyed Pretend It's a City, have lived in or visited New York City, or ever muttered some phrase like "get off my lawn," you too may enjoy The Fran Lebowitz Reader.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment