Search This Blog

Sunday, June 12, 2022

Review: Jane of Battery Park

Jane of Battery Park Jane of Battery Park by Jaye Viner
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I bought a copy of Jane of Battery Park by Jaye Viner after hearing her read an excerpt from it at WisCon this year.  The book is billed as a romance, which isn't my cup of tea usually, BUT Jaye had me at "There's a cult..." It is really more than a romance.  It's a romance in the way The Hunger Games is a romance.  I'd call it a dystopian, romantic thriller.  I'm also a sucker for epistolary story-telling, so the news/magazine articles that provide background info were fun for me.  I hope Jaye does a prequel just about the Vanguard.  I need to know more!  

Bonus points for gathering creative inspiration from a spider.  Extra points for having a land acknowledgement!  I think that is the first time I've seen it done in a book.  
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment