Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2022

Review: Autopsy

Autopsy Autopsy by Patricia Cornwell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Autopsy is the 25th book in the Kay Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell.  You could probably start the series here.  It is a fresh start for Dr. Kay Scarpetta so it could be a fresh start for you.  That said, I've read all the books in order, and I'm glad I have.  I was surprised how the book finished.  It felt different from its predecessors.  That's not a bad thing.  It was just unexpected.  If you are going to write 25 books, you have to mix it up and evolve.

My mom introduced me to this series.  She loved it, and we enjoyed talking about the books together.  She was always looking forward to the next one.  She passed away from COVID last year, and I was very sad to read this book without her.  Patricia Cornwell incorporated COVID into this book, and I have to say I could totally relate to Lucy.  Thanks for addressing something that impacted so many people in a thoughtful way and acknowledging the pain they still deal with.  

Bonus points for including a cat.  Every book is better with an animal character!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment