Search This Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2022

Review: Don't Fear the Reaper

Don't Fear the Reaper Don't Fear the Reaper by Stephen Graham Jones
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full Disclosure: I received an Advanced Reader's Copy of Don't Fear the Reaper, the second book in the Lake Witch Trilogy, by Stephen Graham Jones from Gallery Books via NetGalley.

Not very long ago, I finished My Heart is a Chainsaw, the first book in this trilogy, and I was SO EXCITED when I got an email that I would be getting a copy of Don't Fear the Reaper!  I already had about other five books checked out of the library and teed up to read, but I set them all aside for this one.  I couldn't wait to find out where this story would go.  

Some time has passed since the first book, but the events of that book still haunt many of the characters.  How could they not????  You definitely want to read these books in order.  While Jennifer/Jade is still a main character, we have a new voice writing papers for history credit.  I'm wondering what that will mean for the final installment in the trilogy.  Horror movies still play a leading role.  There are still supernatural elements even though a legitimately real serial killer is on the loose.  Fans of horror movies really need to read this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment