Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Review: Hooked: How Crafting Saved My Life

Hooked: How Crafting Saved My Life Hooked: How Crafting Saved My Life by Sutton Foster
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hooked: How Crafting Saved My Life is a memoir by Sutton Foster.  I went to see Sutton Foster's book launch in New York where she was interviewed by Amy Sherman-Palladino.  It was like a dream come true.  Bunheads was my introduction to Sutton.  Insta-fan!  I know, I know.  I was way behind the curve on this one.   Younger was a show that spoke to me (Gen-X) and my sister (elder millennial) in a way that most shows can't.  I also might be the only person to buy a ticket to The Music Man to see Sutton Foster on Broadway with a side of Hugh Jackman.  

Anyway, I was delighted that she decided to write a book.  Even though my crafting is terrible, I can appreciate how important it is, especially, as a coping mechanism.  And while I loved learning more about her life, I really enjoyed that she included recipes and crafting instructions so you can recreate things that are so special to her.  

Bonus points for adoption.  Coming from a family where we were all adopted, I can't thank Sutton enough for sharing her story of how she came to be Emily's mom.  

Extra bonus points for Linus.  It is a gift to know that kind of love.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment