Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2023

Review: The Kaiser's Web

The Kaiser's Web The Kaiser's Web by Steve Berry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Kaiser's Web is the 16th book in the Cotton Malone series by Steve Berry.  There are some references to previous books, but you could start here or read this as a stand alone without a problem.  If you like your thrillers with an historical basis, you'll enjoy this series.  

I always look forward to Steve Berry's books because I can't wait to see what historical twist he's going to address.  In this case, we get NAZIS!  I am not normally excited by WWII, and other than making sure we don't repeat history, don't want to give Nazis anymore air.  It's scary to think there are still people who support anything they stood for.  That said, some of the conspiracy theories around the last days in the bunker are pretty intriguing, as well as, the connections to South America.  This book explores that more and also how close we could be to another Hitler.  It might be more horror than thriller.  

Bonus points for taking us back to Chile.  I always like reading about places I've lived.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment