Search This Blog

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Review: Space Opera

Space Opera Space Opera by Catherynne M. Valente
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It feels appropriate that I would finish Space Opera, the first book in the Space Opera series by Catherynne M. Valente, on the same day as the winner of Eurovision 2023 was announced.  This year's winner happens to be quoted in this book.  The second book in the series is scheduled to come out November 2023.  

What if the fate of Earth depended on how it did in an intergalactic version of Eurovision?  And, what if it was documented by Douglas Adams?  It would be Space Opera.  I enjoyed every single word in this book.  I was living in Austria when Conchita Wurst won Eurovision, and then when Austria hosted. 
It is special to me.  But even if you don't know what Eurovision is, this is a super fun read.  I look forward to the next book.  

Bonus points for Capo, inspired by Toby, a sentient cat worth saving.     

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment