Search This Blog

Sunday, May 7, 2023

Review: Whore of New York: A Confession

Whore of New York: A Confession Whore of New York: A Confession by Liara Roux
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm not a sex worker, so I can't comment on whether Whore of New York by Liara Roux is an accurate portrayal of the profession. Liara comes across as very confident (almost to the point of arrogance) and smart. Her memoir reads like The Girlfriend Experience.

Interestingly, what I found most fascinating about this book was not the discussion of sex work but rather her description of cluster headaches. I have also suffered from cluster headaches and have not met many people who have. It is fairly rare. I first started experiencing them as an adult and was terrified. I can't imagine what it would be like to have them as a child. I also understand why it took so long for her to get treated. They are rare enough that most doctors don't diagnose them. My neurologist told me it is has been proven to be the most excruciating pain a human can experience.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment