Search This Blog

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Review: Qualityland

Qualityland Qualityland by Marc-Uwe Kling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I picked up Qualityland by Marc-Uwe Kling because of the cover.  If I lived in Qualityland, a drone would have delivered this book to my door before I even knew I wanted it.  That drone would have been right.  You could maybe call this dystopian science fiction, but I felt there was more hope to it than that.  Not much hope, just a smidge.  The thing is it doesn't feel like we are that far off from living in Qualityland.  I'm pretty sure there are people who would actually love to accelerate us to the point that we were.  We already have algorithms feeding us self-selecting content so that we never have to see something that challenges our worldview.  It's crazy, and when you read this book, you realize just how crazy and ridiculous the world is becoming.  

I loved the format used to tell this story.  I'd put it in the epistolary category for those into that.  It's dark and funny.  It's satire at its finest.  I think fans of Marvin the Paranoid Android will also enjoy this book.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment