Search This Blog

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Review: The Maidens

The Maidens The Maidens by Alex Michaelides
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Maidens by Alex Michaelides is a mystery/thriller set in academia of sorts.  I was drawn to it because the titular Maidens come across as very culty sounding.  A group of young women who worship their Greek Tragedies professor to the point of wearing white gowns and performing weird initiation rituals and then they start dying off in very Greek Tragedy type ways?  If my niece was on the periphery of such a group, I would probably want to intervene as well, especially if I was trained in group psychology.  Bonus, the book takes place in the same world as The Silent Patient.  That was a fun little shoutout.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment