Search This Blog

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Review: The Starless Sea

The Starless Sea The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm not sure how one begins to describe The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern.  If you are a fan of books and/or doors that lead to a fantasy world, then this is a great book to read.  I loved the literary references, the book gala, the descriptions of New York City, and all of the cats.  Some of the descriptions of the Starless Sea and its environs reminded me of the art of Remedios Varo.  Reading this book is a bit like a fever dream in the best ways.  It is an epic tale.  There are stories within stories  that eventually make perfect sense so if you are wondering why you are suddenly reading a completely different book, hang in there!  All shall be revealed.    

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment