Search This Blog

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Review: The Midwest Survival Guide: How We Talk, Love, Work, Drink, and Eat . . . Everything with Ranch

The Midwest Survival Guide: How We Talk, Love, Work, Drink, and Eat . . . Everything with Ranch The Midwest Survival Guide: How We Talk, Love, Work, Drink, and Eat . . . Everything with Ranch by Charlie Berens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I listened to the audiobook version of The Midwest Survival Guide: How We Talk, Love, Work, Drink, and Eat...Everything with Ranch written and read by Charlie Berens.  I now plan to buy a physical copy to keep on hand as a reference book.  This is also the perfect gift for anyone who lives in the Midwest, just moved to the Midwest, or thinks they might move to the Midwest.  If you aren't originally from the Midwest, the audiobook will help you get a sense for the correct pronunciation and accent to use when you are here.  

Having grown up in the Midwest, I realized just how much of my life has been influenced by my place of birth.  And even though I have spent most of my life not in the Midwest, certain parts of the Midwest culture have really stuck with me.  This book helped me realize that I have imposed the 12 Step Goodbye on people who were probably absolutely befuddled by why I wouldn't just leave.  So much good information in here, you will want to get your copy right now!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment