Search This Blog

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Review: Wildcard

Wildcard Wildcard by Marie Lu
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the second book in the Warcross series. You need to start with book one to understand everything that is going on.

Sometimes it pays to wait to read a series until the books are all out so you don't have to wait on pins and needles until the next one. This is that kind of series. I was lucky it came off hold from the library not long after finishing the first book.

Book two picks right up from book one and just keeps running. The main character, Emika, only has a few days to stop a catastrophic event from happening. The writing is paced to make you feel that time crunch with her. There were twists and turns I wasn't completely prepared for even as a seasoned reader. We finally learn what happened to Hideo's brother. While the story wrapped up in a way that I felt satisfied, I hope this is not the last we hear about Emika Chen.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment