Search This Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Review: Seveneves

Seveneves Seveneves by Neal Stephenson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

You won't need to clear your schedule to read this review of Seveneves by Neal Stephenson, but you may want to if you decide to read the book.  I'm a pretty fast reader and it still took me the full 21 days of my library loan to finish it.  Let that not discourage you!  It takes time to build a whole new world. It will be worth your investment.  Let me also note that this was like getting two books for one.  The last third of the book includes a time jump that could make it a standalone novel.  

During these crazy pandemic times, I have been taking many college courses.  One of those was an Intro to Physics and boy am I so glad I did!  You don't have to understand physics to enjoy this book.  However, if you like to geek out about science, a basic understanding of physics will really help you appreciate the details Neal includes in his narrative even more.  The inside of his mind must be amazing!

I will admit I almost put this book down when I started.  It is not a spoiler to say the world is ending.  I think you can find that out in any summary of the book.  It just felt a little too close to home at first.  Sure the moon hasn't blown up and the United States doesn't have a female president but thinking the world could end within two years doesn't feel all that fictional.  If it did, would we be ready?  I will be because I read this book.  I hope to see you in space as well.  Get reading!

 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment