Search This Blog

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Review: Talking As Fast As I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls, and Everything in Between

Talking As Fast As I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls, and Everything in Between Talking As Fast As I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls, and Everything in Between by Lauren Graham
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I listened to Talking As Fast As I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls, and Everything in Between written and narrated by Lauren Graham. If you don't like Gilmore Girls. Stop reading now. If you've never seen Gilmore Girls, go watch it, and come back when you are finished.

I know some people take issue with the Gilmore Girls. I've read all the analysis. And yeah, I don't like Logan either. Rory, what were you thinking? All that aside, I enjoyed the show and Lauren Graham's recounting of her time spent filming it.

I liked that she included other narrators as themselves. It made it feel less like a book and more like a conversation. That is one advantage of an audiobook over a traditional book.

Lauren Graham talks about the alter ego she created, Old Lady Jackson, to advise young people without losing cool points. I have quite a bit of Old Lady Jackson in me too! When did that happen?

Bonus points for Roy Choi mentions! How did I forget he was in Gilmore Girls? Some people know about my mild obsession with Roy Choi and The Chef Show (even though I'm a vegetarian). Also, I think he and my sister's fiance share a remarkable resemblance. They have the same smile. It's crazy!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment