Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Review: Wishful Drinking

Wishful Drinking Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I listened to Wishful Drinking written and narrated by Carrie Fisher.  If you are looking for a quick listen, this is a great choice.  I think it only took about 3 hours.  I finished it in one sitting.  

Confession time.  I was a Debbie Reynolds fan long before I knew that she was Carrie Fisher's mother.  Keep in mind I was a child (!) so it is not all that weird that I didn't make the connection.  I actually went with my own mother to see Debbie Reynolds perform at the Rialto Square Theatre in Joliet, Illinois when I was about 12.  I can't remember the whole show, but I remember pieces of it very vividly.  I was so excited.  She was so glamorous and an incredible performer.  Listening to Carrie tell the stories of her mother took me back to that moment with my own mother.  Her impression of Debbie is also very impressive.  

Listening to this on the heels of The Princess Diarist, there were some familiar anecdotes.  She really hated those buns!  Harrison Ford is a heartbreaker.  The rest was mostly about her family and the incestuousness of Hollywood.  I loved when she broke down the family trees so we could figure out whether her own daughter was dating a relative.  I am going on record that Elizabeth Taylor may have been the original Kevin Bacon.  It feels like she was connected to everyone!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment