Search This Blog

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Review: Changeling

Changeling Changeling by Matt Wesolowski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I rectified the error I made last week and read Changeling by Matt Wesolowski.  It is the third book in the Six Stories series.  Last week I read book four, oops!  The good thing is it didn't spoil book three for me.  These books are told as if they were a six episode podcast.  This one has some "bonus content" besides the episodes themselves.  

I love this series, and this one was no exception.  The main story centers around a missing boy, but it really is a powerful message about domestic abuse.  I don't want to spoil anything, but the abuser feels so real, probably because he/she is based on real people.  You've met this person or know someone who has.  We give it cute names like "love bombing" and "gaslighting" when really it is a devastating form of emotional and mental abuse.  If you've been in such a relationship, this book might be a trigger for you, or it could be really cathartic.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment