Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Review: The Princess Saves Herself in this One

The Princess Saves Herself in this One The Princess Saves Herself in this One by Amanda Lovelace
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Princess Saves Herself in this One is the first book in the Women Are Some Kind of Magic series by Amanda Lovelace.  I'm not sure if these should be read in order, but this one was short enough there is no reason not to start with it.  

I don't read much poetry, but the title of this captured my eye.  I'm really glad I picked it up.  If you also don't read much poetry, this format may surprise you.  You won't find short, neat, rhyming poems.  They tell a story of a woman's life using fairytale imagery when life is anything but a fairytale.   But like Amanda Lovelace, I like fantasy and witches and mermaids and dragons.  She reminds women they are all the princess in their tale.  How it ends is up to her.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment