Search This Blog

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Review: Beast

Beast Beast by Matt Wesolowski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Beast is the fourth book in the Six Stories series by Matt Wesolowski.  While there is a reference to things that happened before, they aren't really spoilers if you happen to read the books out of order like I did.  I didn't intend to read them out of order, but I blame 2020 for making me thing I had already read book three when I hadn't.  

If you like podcasts (like I do), true crime (like I do), and/or true crime podcasts (like I do), this is a great series for you.  It is definitely one of my favorite series ever.  The books are written as if you are listening to six episodes of a true crime podcast.  In this one, you already know who is in jail for the crime.  Now, we explore the why and along the way learn more about influencer culture and the perils of perception.  The crime takes place during a bone-chilling extreme cold spell that makes it a perfect winter read.  Oh, and maybe vampires are real?

Bonus points for highlighting the horrors of the meat industry.  I found those parts so hard to read, but it is important to keep reminding people of the cost of their consumption.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment