Search This Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Review: Dear Fahrenheit 451: Love and Heartbreak in the Stacks: A Librarian's Love Letters and Breakup Notes to the Books in Her Life

Dear Fahrenheit 451: Love and Heartbreak in the Stacks: A Librarian's Love Letters and Breakup Notes to the Books in Her Life Dear Fahrenheit 451: Love and Heartbreak in the Stacks: A Librarian's Love Letters and Breakup Notes to the Books in Her Life by Annie Spence
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Dear Fahrenheit 451: Love and Heartbreak in the Stacks by Annie Spence is exactly that, a series of letters to books.  She pours out her feelings about a wide variety of books, many of which will be familiar to readers.  While her taste doesn't necessarily align with mine, I enjoyed her humor very much.  I certainly endorse anything that gets other people to read more.  Maybe someone will pick up a new book after reading her letter to it.  I'll admit that I enjoyed the breakup letters slightly more than the love letters.  Some books really are just terrible.  And some books are just not for you.  There is nothing wrong with acknowledging that and letting a book go.  Thanks for that message.

This book is also a bit of a love letter to libraries.  This is where I put in my shameless plug for people to support their local library and librarians.  Even if you aren't a big reader, your library probably has something that would benefit you.  Check it out!

Bonus points for mentioning Bunnicula, one of my very favorite series.  

Extra bonus points for including one of my favorite quotes!  “If you go home with somebody, and they don't have books, don't f**k 'em!” -John Waters  Such good advice, John!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment