Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2021

Review: Midlife Bites: Anyone Else Falling Apart, Or Is It Just Me?

Midlife Bites: Anyone Else Falling Apart, Or Is It Just Me? Midlife Bites: Anyone Else Falling Apart, Or Is It Just Me? by Jen Mann
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full Disclosure:  I received a copy of Midlife Bites: Anyone Else Falling Apart, Or Is It Just Me? written by Jen Mann by wishing for it from Ballantine Books via NetGalley.  Wishes do come true!

This book couldn't have come into my life at a better time.  I'm turning 47 this week!  I've been yelling for years that nobody tells women what is really in store for them as they get older.  Has your body got some surprises in store for you!!!  Joy and happiness?  You might have to kiss those goodbye in exchange for...hello darkness, my old friend.  Get ready to be angry...a lot.  Yep, I want to punch people in the throat too.  Then here comes Jen Mann writing what has been inside my brain for certainly all of my forties and probably a chunk of my thirties.  She's not afraid to tell you the truth. Your body will betray you (sometimes in public).  She saw a need and created a Facebook group for women to find support as they navigate mid-life and beyond.  She exposed the secret that women have mid-life crises just like men only we don't buy fancy sports cars and run off with much younger women.  

If you find yourself on the cusp of 40 or any point after and nobody has had "the talk" with you yet, do yourself a favor and get a copy of this book.  You'll be glad you did.

Bonus points for Stan the Mann (Jen's dog).

Extra bonus points for accepting me into the Midlife Bites Facebook group.  I have found more of my people.    

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment