Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2021

Review: Hell House

Hell House Hell House by Richard Matheson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I listened to Hell House written by Richard Matheson and narrated by Ray Porter because that's the version that came off library hold first.  I probably would have preferred to read it because sometimes I had trouble distinguishing the voices and the female voices were not to my taste.  That said, Ray Porter is better at voices than I could ever be.  

I was in the mood for something scary, and I had heard this would fit the bill quite nicely.  It is a good haunted house book.  It has all the requisite features: a psychic, a skeptic, an innocent, and a cat.  They are on a mission to debunk or clear the haunting.  As you can imagine from the title, that is a challenge.  If you like haunted house stories, you can find out what happens.    

For those who are triggered by sexual assault or animal abuse, don't read this book.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment