Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2021

Review: Never Say You Can't Survive

Never Say You Can't Survive Never Say You Can't Survive by Charlie Jane Anders
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full Disclosure: I received a copy of Never Say You Can't Survive by Charlie Jane Anders from Tordotcom via Netgalley in exchange for possibly providing my feedback.  Confession:  I had already started reading it when it was published as a series of articles on Tor.com, so getting a copy of the book was a bonus. 

I'm not a writer.  I'm a reader.  If you read my reviews, you know this.  I am not necessarily the target audience of this book.  HOWEVER, I am here to tell you that you don't need to be a writer or a want-to-be writer to enjoy this book.  I LOVE pretty much anything that Charlie Jane Anders writes and getting insight into her writing process was a fun experience.  I enjoyed all the behind-the-scenes details of her books.  And, all the nerdiness/geekiness warmed my heart.  It felt like have a conversation with a friend about good writing.  You don't have to be a writer to enjoy that.

Bonus points for Charlie Jane writing a book that makes you feel like you can conquer the world by just being you.           

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment