Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2022

Review: Chainmail Bikini: The Anthology of Women Gamers

Chainmail Bikini: The Anthology of Women Gamers Chainmail Bikini: The Anthology of Women Gamers by Hazel Newlevant
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Chainmail Bikini: The Anthology of Women Gamers edited by Hazel Newlevant is a collection of comics celebrating women in gaming.  It also covers the full range of gaming; console, handheld, PC, tabletop, even LARPing.  I can never get enough of stuff like this because these are stories so rarely heard.  I think what I liked most about this is there is no sugar-coating.  Yes, there is joy to be found in this stores, but there is also the confrontation of misogny and condescension.  The more women who share their gamer stories, the more we break that down.   This is perfect for my fellow gamers.   

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment