Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2022

Review: The Cherry Robbers

The Cherry Robbers The Cherry Robbers by Sarai Walker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full Disclosure:  I received an Advanced Reader's Copy of The Cherry Robbers by Sarai Walker from Mariner Books via NetGalley.

I am a huge fan of Dietland, so I was very excited to read Sarai Walker's latest book.  She nailed it again!  I've always been a sucker for gothic tales.  Nathaniel Hawthorne may have been my first author crush.  The Cherry Robbers was right up my alley.  

Without giving too much away, you are reading the journals of famous reclusive artist, Sylvia Wren.  When someone threatens to expose the secret she's been keeping almost her whole life, she decides to tell the story in her own words.  It's tragic and a bit spooky.  Is there a curse?  Are those ghosts or just your mind playing tricks on you?  You definitely feel the inspiration of Sarah Winchester and her mystery house.  Maybe a little Georgia O'Keefe.  If you enjoy beautiful gothic stories, this book is for you.  


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment