Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Review: Battle of the Linguist Mages

Battle of the Linguist Mages Battle of the Linguist Mages by Scotto Moore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I listened to Battle of the Linguist Mages written by Scotto Moore and narrated by Justis Bolding because the library only had the audiobook.  My only regret about listening to the book was that I couldn't take my time reading over the descriptions of the game mechanics of Sparkle Dungeon, a game I would love to to play IRL.  Isobel, the main character, has just the right amount of cocky to be at the top of her game.  She is Queen of the Sparkle Dungeon after all, a title I would certainly want to claim.   At the same time, she has a heaping dose of compassion, just not for feral baby rainbows.  Who can blame her?  Nasty buggers.  And since I am exactly the kind of person who created a vegan character in World of Warcraft who didn't use any gear, weapons, potions, or food made from animal products and would only kill humanoids to level up, I can appreciate trying to beat a game with a level one kaleidoscope.

Bonus points for coming up with a game that sounds like Elder Scrolls mixed with Dance Dance Revolution and Rock Band after a mountain of glitter is poured on top.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment