Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Review: Machine Learning: New and Collected Stories

Machine Learning: New and Collected Stories Machine Learning: New and Collected Stories by Hugh Howey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Machine Learning: New and Collected Stories by Hugh Howey is a collection of short(ish) stories, some from the Wool universe.  Wool was the first thing I read by Hugh Howey, and I was eager to see what else he had in mind for that world.  No spoilers, but OOF.  So good, so dark.  All of these stories were new to me.  I found them all really enjoyable in different ways, especially anything about a video game or a virtual world.  When I was younger, I would have skipped over the in-between bits about how the story came about.  I didn't care as long as the story was good.  As I get older, I find these parts, what brought a writer to this story, are almost more interesting to me than the stories themselves.  You can learn so much about a person from what they manifest from an experience.  I  also learned that the next time Hugh Howey needs someone to sail around the world with him, sign me up!  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment