Search This Blog

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Review: Roko's Basilisk: A Roko Event Short Story

Roko's Basilisk: A Roko Event Short Story Roko's Basilisk: A Roko Event Short Story by Michael Blackbourn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Roko's Basilisk is the first novella in the Roko Event series by Michael Blackbourn.  I haven't read the next book yet, but I think you will want to read them in order.  I would like to thank Mr. Blackbourn for sharing his writing with me.  

You don't need to be familiar with the Roko's Basilisk thought experiment to appreciate this story.  But, you may be tempted to learn more about it afterward.  Let's just say this story encapsulates the experiment perfectly.  Then, good luck sleeping at night.  It's a quick read with fast pacing.  I read it in one sitting.  This is a good one for people who like thinking about the future of artificial intelligence.  I'm definitely one of those people.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment