Search This Blog

Sunday, December 11, 2022

Review: The God of Lost Words

The God of Lost Words The God of Lost Words by A.J. Hackwith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The God of Lost Words is the final book in the Hell's Library trilogy by A.J. Hackwith.  Definitely read all three books and read them in order.  The third book harkens back to the first two.  You'll want all that backstory.

I've read that people tend to cry more easily on airplanes.  I don't know if that is true, but I was definitely crying in the airport when I finished this book.  When you go on a journey with someone, you are bound to make a connection.  That's how this felt.  I was drawn into the trilogy by the idea of a library in Hell and the story of the librarian for that library.  I stayed with the trilogy because I like this group of characters.  They are a band of misfits who buck their preconceived roles to forge their own place in the world.  They're scrappy, and you have to admire them for that.  This is also a story of love and chosen family.  There's a good bit of humor as well.  

If you love books and libraries, check this out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment