Search This Blog

Saturday, December 3, 2022

Review: A Hard Day for a Hangover: A Novel

A Hard Day for a Hangover: A Novel A Hard Day for a Hangover: A Novel by Darynda Jones
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full Disclosure:  I received an Advanced Reader's Copy of A Hard Day for a Hangover, the third book in the Sunshine Vicram series by Darynda Jones, from St. Martin's Press via NetGalley.  I would have read it eventually anyway because I think Jones writes fun books with characters I enjoy.  

I do recommend reading this series in order.  It took me less than a week to read all three books.  I had been saving up the first two while I finished other series. When I received this one, it was time to jump in.  I'm not going to spoil anything by saying each book builds on the one before it.  Jones also dishes up a diverse cast of characters who we are slowly learning more about and are all highlighted as assets for what they bring to the story.  It is refreshing.

I tend to read Darynda Jones for the humor, but if you like a dash of something spicy in your stories, Jones will serve you up a huge, hot helping of dark and brooding.  I don't know if I would actually want to date these guys, as noble as they may be, but please smolder at me.  At the same time, I literally laugh out loud every time Sunshine has the birds and bees chat with her daughter, Auri.  I had never heard the expressions "sin cave" or "devil's doorbell."  Thank you for educating me as well.      

Bonus points for Randy.  I was already enjoying the characters, but Randy put me over the top with joy.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment