Search This Blog

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Review: Remote Control

Remote Control Remote Control by Nnedi Okorafor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I listened to Remote Control written by Nnedi Okorafor and narrated by Adjoa Andoh.  I've just started reading africanfuturism, and Nnedi Okorafor came highly recommended.  I like the way Nnedi blends just hints of science fiction into a Ghanaian mythology or folktale.  If you aren't sure you are into science fiction, this is a good place to start.

In a novella focused on one girl's life, the world is so rich that you can imagine other stories branching off from this one.  Who or what is behind the corporation keeping tabs on her?  And where did the seed that gave her the "remote control" power really come from?  I could definitely read more in this world.  

Bonus points for a fox companion who adds to the mystery.  Besides, what good folktale doesn't have a fox?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment