Search This Blog

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Review: Crash Override: How Gamergate (Nearly) Destroyed My Life, and How We Can Win the Fight Against Online Hate

Crash Override: How Gamergate (Nearly) Destroyed My Life, and How We Can Win the Fight Against Online Hate Crash Override: How Gamergate (Nearly) Destroyed My Life, and How We Can Win the Fight Against Online Hate by Zoe Quinn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Crash Override: How Gamergate (Nearly) Destroyed My Life, and How We Can Win the Fight Against Online Hate by Zoe Quinn is a great primer of how (and why you should) protect yourself online.  If you have ever posted anything online, used a website, or even own a computer or a smartphone, you should read this.  

As a female gamer, I've heard a lot about Gamergate.  As horrific as it was to read, it was so important to hear it from Zoe's perspective.  If you aren't as familiar, do her a favor and don't do an Internet search.  Read the book instead.  Heck, I struggled on whether I should even write this review in case it exacerbates the situation by putting the idea out there again.  Anyone who has been subject to abuse of any kind will relate.  Most importantly, she lays out ways to protect yourself from online abuse and resources that are available if you are already suffering.     

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment