Search This Blog

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Review: Rogue Protocol

Rogue Protocol Rogue Protocol by Martha Wells
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Rogue Protocol is the third novella in the Murderbot Diaries by Martha Wells.  These are so short you have no excuse not to read them all and in order.  They generally pick up where the last one left off, so they are best enjoyed in sequence.

The Murderbot Diaries are for anyone who has ever said, "I'm not a people person" or more directly, "I hate people."  Murderbot gets you.  Murderbot gets me because even though I don't really like people, I feel compelled to help them, especially when they are in trouble.  Ugh.  Murderbot is also a big fan of watching TV.  Same.  Nothing worse than wanting to watch your favorite show and someone insists on getting into trouble that requires your attention.  Come for the action, stay for the sarcastic misanthropy.   Fair warning: In this episode of the Murderbot Diaries, we meet a pet robot, who is insanely cute.  Be sure you can handle this level of adorable. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment